Part-time Assistant Director for Student Engagement
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an energetic professional to serve in a part-time role as the Assistant Director for Student Engagement. Nebraska Wesleyan University’s Center for Student Involvement oversees student programming, student organizations, leadership development and campus activities. The Assistant Director will have the responsibility of ensuring the delivery of programs for recognized student organizations (RSOs) including, but not limited to, event planning and registration, contract processing, annual orientations, and marketing. The successful candidate will also assist the Director of Student Engagement with all new student program planning and implementation. Lastly, this position is responsible to coordinate summer camps/conferences, external organization uses of campus and community partnerships like blood drives.
This is a non-exempt, year-long position which requires some evening and weekend responsibilities flexed within a 20 hour work week. The successful candidate will be an advocate for diversity, highly organized, independent, and comfortable working with both on-campus and off-campus constituencies. NWU offers a comprehensive package including retirement benefits, accident and critical illness insurance, life insurance and pro-rated vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
- Oversees student programming and student events on-campus sponsored by the Center for Student Involvement.
- Coordinate event and facility logistics for use of campus by external groups for camps, conferences and community partnerships like blood drives.
- Assist in planning student events including Prairie Wolves Welcome, New Student Orientation, Involvement Fairs and Greek Week.
- Assist in the management and approval of campus activities for student organization, using the student organization database software
- Provide proactive support in problem solving, coaching, and mediation to student organization executive board members and advisors.
- Facilitate the learning development of student organization leadership and advisors through training in-person and virtually including annual onboarding and officer transition trainings.
- Other related duties may be assigned as time permits.
- Candidates should have a completed Bachelor’s degree and have one to two years of higher education experience in a student affairs or student support role.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with college students, alumni, faculty, and administration.
- Ability to work independently, set goals and timelines, manage and oversee both projects and events.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including oral and written communication skills.
- Logistical skills, attention to detail, and ability to assess effectiveness of ongoing activities.
- Professional integrity and responsibility related to confidential information.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Post-bachelorette education.
- Supervisory experience.
- Event management experience.
- Higher education experience or youth-development experience.
- Experience with Greek Life.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement which describes your experiences with diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility and how you will utilize those experiences if hired in this role, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.