Part-time Administrative Assistant for the Music Department
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an individual who will manage music events, outreach, and related communication, and provide administrative support for department ensemble groups.
Applicants should be organized, creative, self-motivated, and flexible. This position is part-time working 20 hours per week and works 9 months mainly during the academic year (August – May). This position will offer prorated paid time off, holiday pay, options to purchase Accident and Critical Illness as well as pet insurance, tuition remission benefits and the ability to contribute to the NWU Retirement plan.
- Plan music events, schedules, coordinate travel (including domestic and international travel), track budgets, and oversee all communications for the events
- Promote music events on campus and in the broader community
- Create marketing materials for music events
- Work with the department chair to partner on other departmental projects
- Two or more years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Significant experience in planning, scheduling, and travel coordination
- Proficiency in Office 365 applications and an appropriate publishing or basic design software
- Experience with bookkeeping, including fund or account management
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants should demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value by including a diversity statement with their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.