NWU seeks applications for an organized, creative and detail-oriented multimedia specialist to collaborate with the marketing and public relations teams to plan, shoot, edit and create video and photo content. The multimedia specialist will capture events and activities to tell the stories that support the university brand and strategic initiatives. The incumbent will report directly to the director of marketing and communications.
This is a full-time, exempt position and includes a competitive salary and comprehensive package with health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday and vacation schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employees’ dependents among other benefits. Successful candidates will work 40 to 45 hours a week, which may include some evenings and weekends for campus events.
- Collaborate with the marketing and public relations teams and other key stakeholders regarding digital and multimedia strategies for the University. Plan, create, edit and approve content for various departments, including admissions, advancement and the office of the president.
- Develop content for social media campaigns and evaluate both current and future communication strategies to enhance the University’s brand.
- Understand how to build a digital audience and engage with various market segments.
- Produce original photo, video and multimedia messages that promote the University’s strategic goals, departments, and events.
- Write scripts, create story boards, record, edit and produce video, take and edit photos, and create content for various media channels, including social media, website, and print media.
- Gather information about subjects prior to a photo or video shoot. Conduct interviews with students, staff, faculty, alumni, college partners and others to write a brief narration or caption for social media content.
- Design and develop static and interactive digital elements such as motion graphics, videos, animations, interactive simulations, etc.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects, staying on schedule and on budget.
- Understand and maintain university brand/graphics standards.
- Collaborate with the digital content manager to review analytics to determine the effectiveness of activities and make continual improvements.
- Manage PR/marketing photo and video libraries and archives, together with the art director.
- Manage students who assist with video and photography, together with the art director.
- Work outside of standard business hours, as necessary, to cover campus events.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Three years of experience to produce high quality video and multimedia content.
- Understand social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, X, LinkedIn, TikTok) and the content that is successful on each platform.
- Develop integrated communication plans using a range of communication channels and creative media solutions.
- Research, interview and deploy social media messaging.
- Understand photography and design elements for content.
- Have strong professional communications skills including business and communications writing and editing.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills to meet challenging deadlines and work cooperatively with others.
- Listen to, engage with, and influence clients, synthesize instructional needs and translate information in multimedia designs to reach target audiences.
- Be accountable and have a strong attention to detail.
- Have strong organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to
demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.