In preparation for an upcoming, new capital campaign, Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking a full-time Manager of Annual Giving responsible for the planning and execution of a comprehensive annual giving program designed to grow operating support for Nebraska Wesleyan University and increase the number of donors who participate. The incumbent is also responsible for managing the student phonathon program, which is active for approximately 12 weeks per year.
- Create communication plans for a range of constituent groups
- Utilize various communication channels including, but not limited to, phone, direct mail, email, social media, and the web to accomplish goals related to annual giving and donor relations, with a focus on donor retention
- Develop an annual solicitation and stewardship calendar in collaboration with the Advancement Writer, the Manager of Donor Relations and other Advancement colleagues
- Supervise the production of print and digital fundraising collateral in collaboration with the Advancement Writer and members of the Marketing and Communications office
- Work with outside vendors to ensure projects are executed on time with a high attention to detail
- Develop phonathon segmentation, messaging and caller training strategy to improve overall program results
- Recruit, hire, train, retain and supervise a staff of student callers
- Manage all phonathon related tasks including payroll, budget analysis, employee evaluations and bonus/incentive structure
- Plan and execute Giving Day and/or other crowdfunding campaigns
- Identify and manage a team of 50-100 alumni, parent, student, faculty and staff volunteers to employ peer-to-peer fundraising tactics
- Collaborate with the Advancement Writer and Communications Coordinator to leverage social media to reach disengaged non-donor constituencies, with the goal of cultivating future gifts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to three years’ experience in marketing, sales, fundraising or related field
- Must have a working knowledge of effective fundraising and donor relations communication strategies
- Experience with direct mail, email and digital marketing strongly preferred
- Experience in an outbound call center strongly preferred
- Adaptable, flexible and eager to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve department goals
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Must have project management experience and ability to track project completion
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders within the campus community
- Must be computer proficient, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, One Note and SharePoint
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, proofread and ensure accuracy of work product
- Must have high initiative, confidence, integrity, strong work ethic
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names and contact information for three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Retirement, seven weeks of paid time off per year with vacation and holidays, and 100% tuition discount for dependents after one year of service.