Interim Scene Shop Foreman for the Theatre Arts Program
Nebraska Wesleyan University is looking for an Interim Scene Shop Foreman for the Theatre Arts program for a period of 12-14-weeks beginning immediately. Primary goals for this position include management of our on-site scene shop, using master carpentry skills, completion of scenic painting, and managing student workers on several department productions for the Spring 2024 Semester.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a high level of technical theatre expertise, initiative, self-motivation, commitments to safety, diversity and be able to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and guest directors.
- Facilitate set construction, set painting and resource management for theatre program, including maintaining inventory and ordering supplies and new equipment.
- Attends scheduled production meetings to supervise the construction and scene shop aspects of theatre productions.
- Responsible for teaching and enforcing proper safety use and operation techniques when using tools and equipment in the scene shop.
- Supervise scene shop work study students and students doing practicum hours for classes.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and guest directors.
- Must have excellent carpentry skills.
- Ability to prepare, read and interpret ‘to-scale’ drawings of ground plans, light plots, etc.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, set and meet deadlines, help devise a season schedule for shop and stage work, and work well under deadline pressures.
- Must have excellent communication and human relations skills and have the ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.