Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) is seeking candidates for a 10-month, full-time, benefit-eligible candidate to work as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach to direct a comprehensive strength and conditioning program for all 21 Nebraska Wesleyan University athletic teams. This is a full-time, exempt position which requires significant evening and weekend responsibilities flexed within a 40-50 hour work week. The successful candidate will be an advocate for diversity.
NWU offers a comprehensive package including health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, and undergraduate tuition remission for employee’s dependents among other benefits.
- Coordinate all aspects of a comprehensive strength and conditioning program for all student-athletes and intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Work with assistant strength and conditioning coaches to assure all teams have the appropriate training programs.
- Collaborate with coaching staffs on team specific programming.
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine staff to assist in educating student- athletes on injury reduction exercises and injury rehabilitation exercises.
- Provide proper nutrition education and healthy nutrition habits for all student-athletes within the scope of practice of a certified Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Oversee the maintenance of all strength and conditioning equipment. Work with Athletic Director to add appropriate equipment.
- Schedule appropriate times for in-season and out-of-season teams as well as open recreation users.
- Develop positive mentoring relationships with all student-athletes to enhance their individual strength and conditioning.
- Support student-athletes’ connection to NWU and play an active role in student retention and engagement efforts.
- Meet with potential student-athletes as requested by the coaching staff for recruiting.
- Abide by all regulations, policies and procedures of the NCAA, American Rivers Conference, and Nebraska Wesleyan University.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- CSCS Certification or equivalency
- Related experience coaching strength and conditioning programs at the collegiate level
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of coaching and mentoring student-athletes and a commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics
- Ability to coach and help retain a diverse population of skilled student-athletes
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and success in working with a variety of persons that will build strong, long-term relationships with student-athletes, students and stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills to produce complete and accurate work and manage production activities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and handle pressure situations.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks and meet scheduled and unscheduled deadlines.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to
demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.