Director of Technology Resource and Support Center
Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) is seeking a Director for the Technology Resource and Support Center whose primary responsibility will be to administer the technology systems and ensure effective use of those systems by faculty, students, and staff, including the purchase, configuration, and support of personal computer hardware and software. The position will also manage a robust help service for employees and students addressing all computing, software, and connectivity issues while supervising an enhanced Wesleyan IT Students (WITS) employee program. The Technology Resource and Support Center also maintains the loaner equipment and media systems check out pool. Finally, the successful candidate while overseeing the department, will provide the ultimate support for computer labs and classrooms.
In an effort to accomplish these goals, the position is responsible for managing the department’s budget and will directly supervise 4 other support positions, as well as, overseeing the WITS program consisting of 15- 17 student employees. This position will report to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
This is a full-time, exempt position and includes a competitive salary and comprehensive package with health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday and vacation schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employees’ dependents among other benefits. Successful candidates will work 40 to 45 hours a week, which may include some evenings and weekends for emergencies.
- Manage, design, create, develop, and implement IT service and support resources for faculty, staff, and students.
- Stay current with research on IT support technologies, theories, resources, applications, strategies, processes, and procedures, and make recommendations as to which technologies will best serve the Wesleyan community.
- Manage the Technology Resource and Support Center that provides standardized and innovative hardware and software for use by employees and students.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervising student assistants regarding work with installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting hardware / software failures, and updating inventory / upgrade records.
- Assist faculty with the integration of technology into the classrooms and assess the effectiveness of applied technologies.
- Oversee the management and application of technology resources (projectors, smart carts, laptops, etc…) in teaching-learning spaces on campus.
- Serve as a resource for students and employees who want information and guidance regarding the use, maintenance, and implementation of various technology.
- Assess employees’ and students’ basic technology skills and/or competency gaps requiring training.
- Supervise the Technology Resource and Support Center staff, delegate responsibility and evaluate staff performance annually with recommendations for hiring.
- Collaborate with the Instructional Designer in Academic Affairs to provide resources and synthesize processes between the Computer Services/ Information Services (CS/IT) and Academic Affairs department.
- Coordinate academic hardware and software purchases, complete needs analysis, research pricing for solutions, and specify all necessary components to provide working systems.
- Maintain and support use of department labs and learning spaces on-campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Education Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science, a closely related discipline or related work experience is required.
• Three to five years of experience with educational technologies, hardware and software management.
• Three years of computing and technology support experience with a preference for experience in a higher education setting.
• Must have knowledge of computers and corresponding operating systems, including, but not limited to, Windows and Macintosh computers.
• Preferred experience with learning management systems, course design, and development in Canvas.
• Ability to design, create, develop, and implement various support and training resources.
• Ability to multitask and manage several projects that may be ongoing during the same time.
• Must be able to develop and implement computer applications.
• Demonstrate critical thinking, time management, problem-solving, analytical skills, and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
• Demonstrate ability to design, architect, and implement complicated technical services and solutions.
• Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills. Experience with technical documentation is a plus.
• Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible.
• Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the teaching-learning process and develop an office environment that support this process.
• Possess knowledge of applicable audio/visual equipment.
• Possess a general understanding of computer programming.
• Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information contained in computer files and offices.
• Ability to lift 20-30 pounds frequently.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.