Nebraska Wesleyan University invites applications for the position of Director of Student Health Services to begin between July 15 and August 1, 2021. The Director of Student Health Services reports to the Vice President for Student Life and collaborates with a team of Student Life Directors in support of the development and wellbeing of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s diverse student body. Student Health Services offers primary care to approximately 1,600 traditional undergraduates during the academic year (August through May).
The Director of Student Health Services position is a ten-month, salaried position (40-50 hours/week), typically August 1st through May 31st with a few days flexed throughout the summer. The position includes a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for the employee’s dependents among other benefits.
The Director of Student Health Services serves in both a clinical and a managerial role, working directly with student-patients and collaborating with Student Life professional staff in support of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s educational mission. Primary responsibilities include:
• Management of Student Health Services: budget, staffing, operations, record management and record retention;
• Direct care for student-patients in Student Health Services;
• Collaboration with prescribing providers (APRN) who work at Student Health Services as external contractors; and supervision of Student Health medical assistant staff members (CMA) as well as hourly student workers;
• Collaboration with other Student Life directors in service of the Student Life mission, particularly in the areas of health promotion and student wellness;
• Outreach to students and the campus community through programming, events, presentations, and documentation of wellness information;
• Participation with others on campus on public health initiatives, research, data collection/surveys and campus compliance reporting.
The ideal candidate will be able to work productively and creatively with different campus constituencies, including students, staff colleagues, administration, and student families, and will be enthusiastic about both clinical practice and fostering strong partnership with other areas of campus life. Required qualifications include:
• BSN or RN with significant managerial experience
• experience working in primary care with a young adult population
• experience managing budgets, staffing, and operations in a clinical setting
• experience of effective collaboration with non-clinical professionals
• strong written and verbal communication skills
• commitment to working within and supporting a diverse community
• experience with health promotion strategies and programming, preferably within higher education
• ability to use a variety of technology for scheduling, electronic collaboration and communication, and the documentation and storage of office records
• ability to use social media and other communication strategies to educate, inform and connect with students
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.