Nebraska Wesleyan is recruiting for two team members to serve as full-time Development Officers. Successful candidates will have a passion for higher education, work collaboratively across the Advancement Team and campus, be astute listeners with a servant leadership perspective and a drive to transform lives and impact societal good through philanthropy.
The Development Officers will be responsible for raising funds while increasing the number of donors to the University, through personal outreach to the university’s alumni and friends. Primary responsibilities include building long term relationships through trust and integrity, discovering philanthropic goals and interests with alumni and friends, developing and executing strategies for engaging, soliciting and stewarding major gifts from alumni and friends and creating meaningful experiences for those wishing to support Nebraska Wesleyan.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a liberal arts university emphasizing baccalaureate programs for traditional undergraduates, with selected master’s degree programs. The attractive 50-acre campus sits in a residential neighborhood of Lincoln, Nebraska.
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Retirement, seven weeks of paid time off per year as an exempt employee through vacation and holidays, and 100% tuition discount for dependents after one year of service.
- Manages a portfolio of givers and creates and executes strategies for each stage of the donor engagement process aligned with the University’s priorities
- Conducts face-to-face meetings, and engages with alumni and friends by mail, email, phone and social media
- Develops annual, measurable goals in conjunction with the Director of Development
- Develops communication and engagement plans for loyal donors to the university with the goal of deepening their relationship with the university
- Solicits gifts and demonstrates a sound understanding of fundraising principles
- Works well with others and collaborates from a position of appreciative inquiry
- Provides accurate and timely reports (examples include call reports and goal tracking)
- Travels frequently in order to build and maintain donor relationships and represent the university
- Occasionally works nights and weekend hours for event participation and to meet with alumni and friends of the university
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience managing a portfolio of givers to advance their philanthropy, or related experience in a university setting or experience in a comparable goal and mission-oriented environment preferred
- An understanding of the principles and methods of fund raising and constituent relations
- Adaptable, flexible and eager to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve Advancement goals
- Able to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet schedule deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Works well independently and within a team
- Must be computer proficient, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Applications and should be familiar with utilizing databases
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
- Domestic travel accounts for approximately 30% travel time, including air travel and overnight stays
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.