Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking a full-time, twelve-month Development Officer, responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting prospective major donors to the university through personal outreach to the university’s alumni and friends. Primary responsibility is meeting with alumni and friends of the university face-to-face (after pandemic restrictions are lifted) to determine affinity, propensity to give and capacity to make a major ($25,000+) gift.
- Develops measurable goals in conjunction with the Director of Development that reflect university priorities.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects and creates a strategy for each stage of the fundraising process.
- Conducts face-to-face visits, and engages with alumni and friends by email, phone and social media.
- Solicits gifts and demonstrates a sound understanding of fundraising principles.
- Provides accurate and timely reports (Examples include contact reports and goal tracking).
- Travels up to 30% of the time (after pandemic restrictions are lifted) in order to build and maintain donor relationships and represent the university.
- Occasionally works nights and weekend hours for event participation and to meet with alumni and friends of the university.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience managing a portfolio of donors toward specific dollar goals or related experience in a university setting or experience in a comparable goal-oriented environment.
- An understanding of the principles and methods of fundraising and constituent relations.
- Adaptable, flexible, and eager to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve Advancement goals.
- Able to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet scheduled deadlines.
- An understanding of the central role listening plays in developing authentic relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Works well independently while maintaining consistent and transparent communication with colleagues and leadership.
- Must be computer proficient, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Applications and should be familiar with utilizing databases.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to
demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.