Defensive Coordinator, Football Coach
Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) is seeking candidates for Defensive Coordinator for the NWU Football team. This is a full-time, benefit eligible, exempt position which requires significant evening and weekend responsibilities flexed within a 40 -50 hour work week.
NWU offers a comprehensive package including health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, and undergraduate tuition remission for employee’s dependents among other benefits.
The successful candidate will be an advocate for diversity. Job duties include coordinating the defense, overseeing the defensive staff, coaching a defensive position, practice /game preparation, and film breakdown. This position will also be responsible for recruiting new student athletes. Other duties may also be assigned by the Head Coach.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Five years of collegiate coaching experience. Experience in being a defensive coordinator is preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills and the ability to work with Hudl, PowerPoint, and Front Rush.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, faculty, and the general public.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and success in working with a variety of persons that will build strong, long-term relationships with student-athletes, students and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and handle high pressure situations.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.