Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for a part-time Data Entry Specialist who will be involved in monitoring and accurately recording entries in the gift record system. The enterprise software system provides information for the University Advancement Department regarding all philanthropic efforts of the University. The position will assist in maintaining the on‑line biographical and gift data. The successful candidate will understand the impact philanthropy work has on the ability of the University to achieve its mission and attainment of its strategic goals.
This position will work 20 hours per week, 12 months throughout the year. NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including a Retirement package, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, 2 1/2 weeks of paid time off per year through paid vacation and holidays, and 100% tuition discount for dependents after one year of service.
- Collects daily donations from various sources, performs duties related to gift batching, EFT and credit card processing as a check and balance for gift processing.
- Collects relevant data and lists for data entry and inputs or transfers into the enterprise software system.
- Assists with oversight of data management, verifies data input, and corrects errors as identified.
- Works as a backup support position to the gift entry position.
- One to two year’s work experience in data-entry involving analysis and interpretation of data
- Proficiency with commonly-used desktop software: Windows 10, Microsoft products (Office, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, and ability to ask analytical questions about possible issues with data
- Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and be able to proofread personal work; be detail oriented, adaptable, and flexible; and work in an environment with multiple interruptions
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills. Experience with technical documentation is a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to work with discretion regarding sensitive information and maintain confidential information
Preference will be given for:
- Knowledge of practices and processes of higher education, philanthropic advancement processes
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to
demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.