Nebraska Wesleyan University has openings for full-time Custodians. These positions clean and sanitize floors, walls and furniture in offices and institutional buildings to meet sanitary regulation levels and enhance the appearance of the buildings. The positions are temporary for 90 days. With 90 days of successful performance the position will be considered for roll-over to become benefit eligible. Currently, the shifts NWU is hiring for is:
Summer Shift through 7-30-2021 - (6:00 – 2:30pm Monday through Friday)
Academic Year Shift starting 8-2-2021
5:00am – 1:30pm Monday through Friday, with every 6th week Friday as 5:00am – 9:00am and half day from 7:00am – 11:00am on Saturday
7:00am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday, with every 6th week Friday as 7:00am – 11:00am and half day from 7:00am – 11:00am on Saturday
2:00pm – 10:30pm, Tuesday through Saturday
NWU offers a comprehensive benefits plan including Health, Life, Disability, Retirement, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave, and 100% tuition discount for employee and dependents after one year of service. Prior to employment, applicants will have to successfully complete a criminal background check, pre-employment drug test, and pre-employment physical
Custodians are responsible for:
* Cleans floors: sweeping, scrubs, mops, waxes and polishes floors using brooms, dry and wet mops, wax applicators and buffers.
* Cleans office spaces: vacuuming, emptying trash, dusts and washes walls, woodwork and ceilings.
* Cleans and sanitizes restrooms
* Collects and removes garbage from offices and buildings to ensure cleanliness of the facility
* Moves, lifts, carries, and arranges furniture, equipment, and other objects.
* Reports needed repairs to supervisor
* Remove ice, snow, and debris from sidewalks near buildings to make areas accessible to the public and to ensure safe operations
* Perform other work as assigned
* Ability to do physical work, including the ability to stand for extended periods of time, kneel or squat for extended periods, lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, climbing, regular use of stairs and pushing/pulling activities regularly
*Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions
*Understand the nature of work is subject to falls, cuts, burns, and abrasions from various tools and equipment and strained muscles from heavy lifting
* Understand the nature of work has contact with hazardous substances including cleaning products and chemicals associate with cleaning
* Working knowledge of computers for tasks including reading email, logging hours and entering work order information is necessary
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to
demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.