Nebraska Wesleyan University has an opening for a full-time Custodian. This position cleans and sanitizes floors, walls and furniture in offices and institutional buildings to meet sanitary regulation levels and enhance the appearance of the buildings. The position is temporary for 90 days. With 90 days of successful performance the position will be considered for roll-over to become benefit eligible. Currently, the shift NWU is hiring for is 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with a rotating shift every 6th Saturday. The rotating Saturday is a half shift with the day before on Friday as a half shift also.
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health, Life, Disability, Retirement, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave, and 100% tuition discount for employee and dependents after one year of service. Prior to employment, applicants will have to successfully complete a criminal background check, pre-employment drug test, and pre-employment physical.
Custodians are responsible for:
* Cleans floors: sweeping, scrubs, mops, waxes and polishes floors using brooms, dry and wet mops, wax applicators and buffers.
* Cleans office spaces: vacuuming, emptying trash, dusts and washes walls, woodwork and ceilings.
* Cleans and sanitizes restrooms
* Collects and removes garbage from offices and buildings to ensure cleanliness of the facility
* Moves, lifts, carries, and arranges furniture, equipment, and other objects.
* Reports needed repairs to supervisor
* Remove ice, snow, and debris from sidewalks near buildings to make areas accessible to the public and to ensure safe operations
* Perform other work as assigned
* Ability to do physical work, including the ability to stand for extended periods of time, kneel or squat for extended periods, lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, climbing, regular use of stairs and pushing/pulling activities regularly
*Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions
*Understand the nature of work is subject to falls, cuts, burns, and abrasions from various tools and equipment and strained muscles from heavy lifting
* Understand the nature of work has contact with hazardous substances including cleaning products and chemicals associate with cleaning
* Working knowledge of computers for tasks including reading email, logging hours and entering work order information is necessary
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. For alternative methods of application please call 402-465-2117. NWU will accept applications until the position is filled.