Nebraska Wesleyan University has an opening for a full-time Building Maintenance Technician/Electrician. This position will spend the majority of time maintaining or installing electrical systems and ensure that electrical systems and equipment are in good operating condition, performing necessary repairs and participates in planning, altering and installing new systems in a complex set of buildings. There will be other duties performed as a general maintenance technician as well.
* Locate problems, determine appropriate procedures and make repairs or adjustments on electrical equipment or systems to ensure the disabled unit/system returns to operation in a cost effective and timely manner
*Schedule, conduct inspections, and test systems to monitor proper functions
* Participate in major projects with other disciplines to ensure quality and timely operation of systems which meet the needs of the building staff and administrative goals
* Coordinate repairs, alteration or installation of electrical projects
* Consult with administrative personnel and prepare plans in conjunction with new construction to ensure that systems meet the buildings complex needs and comply with existing standards and codes
* Supervise and participate in the installation of major systems or projects in coordination with other disciplines to ensure quality and timely operation of systems which meet the needs of NWU
* Provide physical labor on a variety of routine electrical and maintenance projects and to complete assigned projects from campus work order requests
* Perform other work as assigned including snow removal as part of a team
* Competitive applicants will have a variety of skills in all-phases of maintenance and electrical work
* Journeyman electrical license is preferred, will consider apprentice with proven time and experience
* Candidates must be able to follow written and oral instructions, stand for extended periods of time; and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
* This position will require the possession of or the ability to obtain a valid driver's license
* Working knowledge of computers for tasks including reading email, logging hours and entering work order information is necessary
* Ability to perform work with prolonged standing, bending, and working in cramped areas and working on roofs, from ladders, man-lifts and on scaffolding at various heights
* Ability to do physical work, including lifting, climbing, regular use of stairs and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
* The position also works with potentially dangerous commercial tools and equipment in installing, maintaining and repairing systems.
* Will be required to work on call outside of regular hours.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff and co-workers, faculty and students is essential
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. NWU will accept applications until the position is filled.