Contact or visit us
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504
Fax (402) 465-2565
mharder [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) is seeking candidates for a part-time position to work as the Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach from October 1st to March 31st each year. As the Assistant Coach, the incumbent will help the Head Coach manage all phases of administration and coaching of NWU Women’s Basketball Division III program.
- Organize and assist with recruiting efforts for prospective student-athletes: attend recruiting events, recruit evaluation, emails/mailings/phone calls, on campus visits and complete recruiting reports while collaborating with the Admissions Office.
- Coordinate with the strength and conditioning staff to deliver appropriate athlete conditioning curriculum during season.
- Lead daily practice sessions for student athletes according to Head Coach’s strategic plan.
- Assist with providing individualized development plans for student-athletes which foster growth athletically, academically, and socially.
- Assist with record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice seasons, and monitor eligibility of student-athletes in the program
- Assist with the coordination of summer camps and clinics, coordination of fundraising activities and alumni outreach.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the NWU Women’s Basketball leadership values, and insure that short and long term objectives are in line with program goals.
- Bachelor's degree required; a Master’s degree will allow additional employment opportunities
- 2 - 4 years of related experience coaching Women’s Basketball at the college level
- Demonstrate expertise in all aspects of coaching student-athletes and a commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics
- Ability to coach and recruit highly skilled student-athletes
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and success in working with a variety of team members, students and stakeholders.
- Must be able to manage several projects that may be ongoing during the same time.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills to produce complete and accurate work and manage production activities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and handle pressure situations.
Be flexible, able to prioritize tasks and meet scheduled and unscheduled deadlines.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.