The Department of Psychology at Nebraska Wesleyan University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Clinical/Counseling Psychology at the rank of assistant professor to begin August 2020. Nebraska Wesleyan, located in Lincoln, the capital city of Nebraska, is a nationally recognized undergraduate liberal arts institution with approximately 2,100 students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employee’s dependents among other benefits.
We encourage candidates who are prepared to teach courses in Clinical Psychology and Counseling Psychology. Other courses may include Introduction to Psychological Science, Abnormal Psychology, and Research Methods. The typical departmental teaching load is three courses per semester (4 credit courses). The candidate will also assist in academic/career advisement of undergraduate students and contribute to faculty governance.
- Have received a doctoral degree with specialty in Clinical/Counseling Psychology or a closely related area from an accredited institution by August 2020 or is near completion.
- Demonstrate a commitment to engaging, innovative, and evidence-informed teaching incorporating diverse instructional methods.
- Mentor undergraduate students in research experiences.
- Have a teaching philosophy that incorporates diversity and inclusion.
Upon hire, salary and final rank will be determined by the Provost commensurate with experience and education
Diversity and inclusion are core values of Nebraska Wesleyan University's mission. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace these University core values in a teaching philosophy statement submitted as part of their application materials. We encourage applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit the following to URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- a letter of interest outlining qualifications,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a teaching philosophy statement that demonstrates how they are able to enhance and embrace the University’s core values of diversity and inclusion,
- a sample course syllabus,
- unofficial graduate transcripts,
- the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.