Nebraska Wesleyan University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professorship of Mathematics, beginning August 2020. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Mathematics and a strong commitment to teaching at an undergraduate liberal arts institution.
Nebraska Wesleyan University places high value on personal attention to students. We seek candidates who have demonstrated effectiveness in undergraduate teaching, and have a commitment to creative instruction in a variety of formats, including lecture, active learning, and one-on-one interactions.
This position is open to all areas of specialization in Mathematics. Faculty are expected to teach a variety of lower- and upper-level mathematics courses. The Mathematics Department is home to the new Integrative Data Science major
(https://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/academics/majors-and-minors/integrative-data-science-ba-bs); candidates who are also qualified to teach in this new major are encouraged to apply.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a liberal arts university of approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Nebraska. The University’s steadfast commitment to putting learning into action through internships, study abroad, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. The education departments Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Please submit the following to https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. For full consideration, these materials must be uploaded by December 1, 2019:
- A 1-2 page cover letter addressed to Dr. Kristin Pfabe, Mathematics Search Chair, describing your interest in teaching at a liberal arts institution and your qualifications for this position. If applicable, address your qualifications to teach in the Integrative Data Science major,
- curriculum vita,
- a statement of teaching philosophy (include a description of a typical day in a class you teach),
- evidence of excellence in teaching (examples: summary of teaching evaluations, documentation of classroom observations, etc.),
- a statement of your commitment to diversity and inclusion, particularly addressing how this influences your teaching,
- unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and
- three reference letters (at least two addressing teaching) with telephone numbers and email addresses of references