Assistant Professor of Digital Media/Photography
Nebraska Wesleyan University’s Art Department invites applicants for an Assistant Professor of Art to teach Digital Media, Photography (digital and darkroom), and Basic Design/Research. This is a 9-month, tenure-track position scheduled to begin in August 2024. Nebraska Wesleyan is a liberal arts institution with approximately 1,600 students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Final rank and tenure status will be determined by the Provost upon hire.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Retirement, and tuition discount for dependents among other benefits.
- A Master of Arts degree is required, a Master of Fine Arts degree is preferred.
- Competence in the Adobe Suite.
- Strong background in course-relevant technology.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in an academic environment.
- Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities.
- Demonstrated engagement in scholarly and/ or professional development activities including appropriate presentations, exhibitions and/or publications.
- Appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
- Familiarity with Canvas course technology or similar LMS software is a plus.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University's mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please send letter of application addressing qualifications, diversity statement, current curriculum vitae, images of artwork/website, the names of three professional references and unofficial transcripts to the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.