Assistant Professor of Business (Marketing)
Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Business to teach Marketing courses for the 2023-2024 academic year starting in August 2023. Nebraska Wesleyan is a liberal arts institution with approximately 1,800 students accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Retirement, and 25% tuition discount for dependents during the first year of service among other benefits.
Faculty responsibilities include teaching twelve credit hours per term, fall and spring semesters, including day/evening, undergraduate/graduate, traditional/accelerated, and in-person/online classes.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- A doctorate degree, or Master’s degree plus 18 completed credit hours towards a doctoral degree in a related field is required
- Expertise and/or relevant work experience in e-commerce, market research, data analytics, or brand management is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Canvas course technology or similar LMS software is a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal and innovative teaching skills are required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential
- Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement
- Appreciation for a liberal arts tradition
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please send letter of application addressing qualifications, diversity statement, current curriculum vitae, the names of three professional references and unofficial transcripts to the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.