Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Business with an emphasis in Marketing beginning in August of 2020. Nebraska Wesleyan is a liberal arts institution with approximately 2,100 students and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Faculty responsibilities include teaching twelve credit hours per term, fall and spring semesters, including day/evening, undergraduate/graduate and traditional/accelerated classes in Omaha and Lincoln. Additional responsibilities include: assisting students with career development as an academic adviser; serving on Departmental and University committees; and participating in curriculum development. Faculty members are expected to commit to continued professional development and service in support of the mission and values of a liberal arts-centered education.
- A doctorate degree, or Master’s degree plus 18 completed credit hours towards a doctoral degree required in a related field
- Expertise and/or relevant work experience in e-commerce, market research, data analytics, or brand management is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Canvas course technology or similar LMS software is a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal and innovative teaching skills are required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential
- Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities
- Experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition
Upon hire, final rank will be determined by the Provost commensurate with experience and education.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please send letter of application addressing qualifications, diversity statement, current curriculum vitae, the names of three professional references and unofficial transcripts to the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, Retirement, paid Sabbatical leave, and 100% tuition discount for tax dependents after one year of service.