Assistant Director of Student Involvement (Greek Life)
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an energetic professional to serve as Assistant Director of Student Involvement. Nebraska Wesleyan University’s Center for Student Involvement coordinates student organizations and Greek Life, participates in direct student mentorship and outreach, and develops student programming for incoming new and transfer traditional undergraduate students.
This is a full-time, exempt, year-long position which requires significant evening and weekend responsibilities flexed within a 40-45 hour work week. The successful candidate will be an advocate for diversity, a proven mentor of students, highly organized, independent, and comfortable working with both on-campus and off-campus constituencies.
As the primary advisor to Greek Life at NWU, this staff member: advises the three inter/national fraternities, three sororities (two international and one local), two councils (IFC and Panhellenic) and Order of Omega honorary; mentors chapter leaders on recruitment, programming, self-governance, and policy development and implementation; serves as a liaison between the University and the Greek organizations locally and nationally; supports students in the Greek system as a member of the Student Life outreach team; supervises the student coordinator for Greek Life.
As Assistant Director of the Center for Student Involvement, this staff member supports new student programs for traditional undergraduate students; coordinates logistics for use of campus by external groups for camps and conferences; and may serve as an advisor to various student organizations as necessary or as interested. Assist in supervision of the Center for Student Involvement’s student employees. The staff member in this position may additionally supervise credit bearing student leadership opportunities within Student Life as applicable, depending on experience and qualifications.
Candidates with a completed Master’s degree in Higher Education or a related field will be given preference. Some post-baccalaureate professional or academic experience in higher education is required.
Candidates must have:
• Experience with Greek Life, preferably in a smaller Greek community.
• Familiarity with NIC & NPC guidelines.
• Two to three years of higher education experience in a student affairs or student
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with college students, alumni,
faculty, and administration.
• Knowledge of student development, assessment of student learning, and leadership
• Experience with risk management, crisis management, and legal and policy compliance.
• Ability to work independently, set goals and timelines, manage and oversee both
projects and events.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills including oral and written communication skills.
• Logistical skills, attention to detail, and ability to assess effectiveness of ongoing
• Professional integrity and responsibility related to confidential information.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.