Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an energetic professional to serve as Assistant Director of Greek Life and Student Involvement. Nebraska Wesleyan University’s Center for Student Involvement coordinates student organizations, participates in direct student mentorship and outreach, and develops student programming for incoming new and transfer traditional undergraduate students. NWU’s Greek community has been nationally recognized for excellence in academics, service, and campus leadership.
This is a full-time, exempt, year-long position which requires significant evening and weekend work to attend student events. The successful candidate will be an advocate for diversity, a proven mentor of students, highly organized, independent, and comfortable working with both on-campus and off-campus constituencies.
As Greek Life Advisor, this staff member: coordinates the Greek system, and advises both student and community leadership of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s three fraternities, three sororities and two councils (IFC and Panhellic); mentors student Greek leaders on recruitment, programming, self-governance, and policy development and implementation; serves as a liaison between the University and the Greek organizations locally and nationally; supports students in the Greek system as a member of the Student Life outreach team. As Assistant Director of the Center for Student Involvement, this staff member supports new student programs for traditional undergraduate students; coordinates logistics for use of campus by external groups for camps and conferences; and serves as the advisor for Colleges Against Cancer, including the development and management of the annual Relay for Life event. The staff member in this position may additionally supervise credit bearing student leadership opportunities within Student Life as applicable, depending on experience and qualifications.
Candidates with a completed Master’s degree in Higher Education or a related field will be given preference. Some post-baccalaureate professional or academic experience in higher education is required.
Candidates must have:
- Experience with Greek Life, preferably in a smaller Greek community.
- Two to three years of higher education experience in a student affairs or student support role.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with college students, alumni, faculty, and administration.
- Knowledge of student development, assessment of student learning, and leadership theories.
- Experience with risk management, crisis management, and legal and policy compliance.
- Ability to work independently, set goals and timelines, manage and oversee both projects and events.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Logistical skills, attention to detail, and ability to assess effectiveness of ongoing activities.
- Professional integrity and responsibility related to confidential information.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to
demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.