Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking a full-time, Advancement Writer and Communications Coordinator responsible for planning and executing communication strategies for the Advancement Division, including the Development and Alumni Relations offices. The incumbent will also coordinate division-wide marketing and communication projects using print and digital communication channels to convey the university’s fundraising needs and opportunities for engagement to various constituencies (donors, alumni, parents, students, faculty and staff, foundations, community leaders, corporate partners, etc.).
- Create messaging strategies and write various materials including solicitation letters and emails, web content, social media content, newsletter features, scholarship recipient profiles, thank-you letters, phonathon scripts, and event programs and speeches
- Develop fundraising and engagement materials related to current university priorities
- Collaborate with the Manager of Annual Giving to write and produce 4-6 fundraising appeals per year using various channels
- Actively seek out and profile students, faculty, donors and other community members with the goal of producing donor stewardship materials and stories of impact
- Produce content for the annual Legends and Legacies banquet, Black and Gold banquet and Donor Honor Roll publication, including speeches
- Serve as liaison to the Marketing, Communication and Public Relations Office
- Work in partnership with the Marketing office to enhance and maintain various Advancement sections of the Nebraska Wesleyan website
- Perform other duties related to writing and editing as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in English, or related field
- Three years of writing and editing experience required
- Experience in fundraising strongly preferred
- Must have exceptional writing and editing skills
- Must have a working knowledge of effective communication strategies
- Must have project management experience and ability to track project completion
- Adaptable, flexible and eager to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve department goals
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders within the campus community
- Must be computer proficient, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, One Note and SharePoint
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, proofread and ensure accuracy of work product
- Must have high initiative, confidence, integrity, strong work ethic
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, three writing samples, a diversity statement, and the names and contact information for three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Retirement, five weeks of paid time off per year when you combine vacation and holidays, and 100% tuition discount for dependents after one year of service.