Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks a results-oriented professional with a strong work ethic to serve as an Admissions Counselor. The successful candidate will effectively convey the value of a Nebraska Wesleyan educational experience to recruit prospective students to the University. The incumbent will be responsible for duties in areas of Recruitment, Outreach, Forecasting, and Strategic Project Management. This is a full-time, exempt, year-long position which requires some evening work and travel with overnight stays.
The position includes a competitive salary and comprehensive package with health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday and vacation schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employees’ dependents among other benefits.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a private university serving 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students and committed to a liberal arts education. Located in Lincoln, the capital city of Nebraska, and with an instructional location in Omaha, NWU offers programs for traditional and adult undergraduate and for graduate students.
- Manage a recruitment territory
- Work independently, as well as within a team setting, to set and achieve enrollment goals
- Assist prospective students by assessing their skills and interests and guide them through the enrollment process
- Deliver the benefits of the Nebraska Wesleyan experience during school visits, college fairs, campus visits and through phone and written correspondence
- Track student satisfaction and anticipate future needs while providing superior customer service
- Forecast recruitment strategies and enrollment projections by pairing management insights with historical data
- Balance high level thinking with careful management of details and data for Strategic Project Management and University initiatives
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates must:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for recruitment, sales, and a customer service oriented atmosphere
- Be able to set and achieve enrollment goals
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be flexible
- Be able to work with and build relationships with prospective students and their families, school counselors, and community leaders
- Be able to work with and build relationships within the University, including students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.