Admission Counselor - Recruitment Professional
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks to hire a results-oriented, energetic recruitment professional to join our dedicated Graduate, Adult and Transfer admissions team. Nebraska Wesleyan University is committed to growing overall enrollment including in graduate and adult programming. The person filling this position will be critical to the success of these goals.
In addition to our nationally recognized undergraduate programs in Lincoln, Nebraska Wesleyan University offers quality graduate programs (athletic training, business, nursing, and social work) and adult undergraduate programs (business, nursing and social work) at its Lincoln location. Reporting to admissions but working closely with academic affairs and marketing, the Graduate, Adult, and Transfer admissions team is charged with successful recruitment and admission of new graduate and adult undergraduate students, as well as admission of transfer students into our traditional undergraduate program in Lincoln. The vision for this position will be to recruit primarily for our graduate programs, although successful candidates will be asked to assist the entire team as needed.
This position a full time, exempt, year-long position, which requires some evening work and limited overnight and regional travel.
- Manage a recruitment portfolio and meet enrollment targets
- Develop and execute effective outreach and recruitment strategies to reach working adults, including through community partnerships
- Creatively convey the benefits of the Nebraska Wesleyan experience during formal presentations and through interactions with individual candidates.
- Assist prospective students by assessing their skills and interests and guiding them through the application and enrollment process
- Utilize technologies to effectively manage contact and communicate with prospective students
- Forecast enrollment projections by combining strategy with analysis of historic data
- Work independently, as well as within a team setting, to set and achieve enrollment goals
- Bachelor’s degree
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Professional work experience in recruitment, sales, and/or customer service-oriented context
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to build relationships and work with a variety of university stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community partners
- Ability to work independently, including being self-motivated
- Evidence of good interpersonal communication skills, including strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and safeguard confidential information
- Commitment to the mission of Nebraska Wesleyan University
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To be considered for the position, please submit a letter of application, a current resume, a diversity statement, and a list of three references, at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. The cover letter should address your experience, fit, and interest in the position as it is described in this ad. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, Retirement, paid time off and sick leave, and 100% tuition discount for tax dependents’ undergraduate degree after one year of service.