Contact or visit us
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504
Fax (402) 465-2565
mharder [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
Administrative Assistant to the Department of Nursing
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an individual who will provide administrative support for the Department of Nursing. The successful candidate will possess a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, initiative, self-motivation and discretion with sensitive information. This position is benefit eligible and will work 32hrs/week, 12 months during the year.
- Coordinates the budgetary process for Nursing, including evaluating expenditures and revenues, preparing the budget, and submitting the budget for review by the Chair of the Nursing Department and the Dean or Provost
- Assists with the creation of the course schedule for Nursing
- Manages the department’s engagement with external constituents, including hospital administrators, advisory committee members, donors/supports/alumni, and accreditation site visitors
- Maintains department faculty files, faculty records on instructor applications and courses
- Organizes incoming students’ enrollments, makes new student files, tracks materials for applications, tracks student progress for background checks, drug screens, and immunization tracker documentation
- Provides support to full and part-time faculty as necessary
- Coordinates with course faculty to prepare, organize and maintain simulation and lab space. Works collaboratively with the lab site to ensure the needs of the nursing program are met
- Inputs a variety of informational data into systems, types/posts prepared syllabi for Nursing faculty, tests and quizzes, handout and other material
- Prepares a variety of letters, process background checks, address changes, and class registrations for BSN & MSN
- Prepares reports and analysis of data as needed.
- Answers and directs telephone calls, acts as reference person for the departments; answers general questions from prospective and current students concerning transcripts and transfers.
- Three to five years of previous experience as an administrative assistant
- Must have experience drafting various types of correspondence, possess good writing skills, as well as strong interpersonal communication skills
- One to three years of experience overseeing and managing a budget
- Experience and knowledge in project management, planning, and scheduling
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must have general knowledge of accounting, marketing, and advertising principles
- Must be able to work with students, faculty, staff and administration and understand their needs
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, adaptable, flexible, and work with multiple interruptions.
- Must be punctual and have good attendance habits
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information.
- Be able to set and achieve goals related to time lines, project management and event oversight.
- Knowledge of the BSN and MSN programs at NWU, admission requirements and FERPA rights is a plus.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.