Contact or visit us
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504
Fax (402) 465-2565
mharder [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
Administrative Assistant for the Business, Economics and Accounting Department
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an individual to provide administrative support for the Department Chair, faculty, and students in the Business, Economics and Accounting Department, and who is responsible for maintaining, updating and monitoring student records, supervising department work study students, interacting with students in the program, and answering department-related questions.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a high level of initiative, self-motivation and discretion regarding sensitive information. This position is for 20 hours per week, 10 months throughout the year (August through May). NWU offers a competitive wage and pro-rated benefits plan for part-time positions including Life Insurance, Retirement, and 2.5 weeks of paid time off per year through vacation and holidays, and tuition remission for dependents.
- Answer and direct phone calls, act as reference person for the department; answer general questions from prospective and current students regarding programs.
- Maintain relationships with professional business community.
- Maintain and update business database with new applicants and monitor student records for acceptance into various programs.
- Update program brochures; type memos, meeting notes, tests, syllabi, and correspondence; and prepare purchase orders and payment requests.
- Maintain database of NWU graduates and compile list of schools where graduates work following graduation.
- Prepare tests and other confidential information for photocopying; proctor tests for faculty, schedule faculty use of technology and other classroom materials/equipment.
- Supervise several student work study office assistants.
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail for Business Department and order office supplies.
- One to two years’ experience as an administrative assistant or related position
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have some experience with bookkeeping, account management or experience submitting expense paperwork for payment
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff and administration while providing great customer service for internal and external parties
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate good organizational, spelling and proofreading skills, be detail oriented, adaptable, flexible, and work with multiple interruptions
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to
demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.