Adjunct Faculty for Intercultural Communication
Nebraska Wesleyan University invites applications for an Adjunct Instructor to teach Intercultural Communication in the Communications Program. This is an adjunct position that would teach two four-credit sections of Intercultural Communication in the Fall 2021 academic semester. The start date for this position will be August 16, 2021 to be available for Opening week activities and classes starting the following week on August 23, 2021.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a private university with a commitment to liberal arts and has over 2000 undergraduates located in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Primary responsibilities in this position include teaching two undergraduate class in a face-to-face manner with the possibility of using synchronous (Zoom, etc.) pedagogy to accommodate students.
- Master’s Degree with 18 hours of doctoral course work in Communications; Intercultural Communication is preferred;
- Knowledge of synchronous teaching tools and the ability to shift to remote learning should that be necessary;
- Experience with teaching various types of communication skills to students through assigned coursework;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and innovative teaching skills are required;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential; and
- Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. NWU will accept applications until the position is filled.