International students who are looking to study in America will want to consider Nebraska Wesleyan University. For over a century, our lively campus has been home to international students looking for a unique educational experience.
With a reputation for cademic excellence, we offer a wide range of academic studies. International students receive personal attention from each of their professors and staff and will be guided into a focus of experiential learning.
Table of Contents
- Application for International Student
- International Student Programs
- About Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Academic Departments of Study
- Student Life at NWU
- Student Services
- Student Organizations/Involvement
- International Student Resources and Support
- Meet an International Student
- What’s In Lincoln, Nebraska
- Virtual Tour
- NWU Location (Maps & Directions)
- Visit NWU
- Hotels and Accommodations
- Degree Programs
- Attending NWU more than one year to finish degree(s) at NWU
- Transfer Programs - Transferring to NWU from the other school and will finish degree(s) at NWU
- Exchange Programs
- Through an exchange program, undergraduate programs are available for an academic year or semester.
- Current Exchange partners: ISEP, MISEN, StudyUSA, IREX/UGRAD, Kwansei Gakuin University (Japan), Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey (Mexico), Plymouth University (UK), University of Tartu (Estonia)
- For exchange student applications and more information, please contact a Study Abroad coordinator at your home university first.
NWU academic year starts in late August and goes through mid-May.
- Semester 1: late August to December
- Semester 2: mid-January to mid-May
Join our global community
In addition to creating global citizens and pursuing a global education, NWU strives to engage students in the global community we have on campus through our student organization called IRO (International Relations student Organization). Whether it is sampling foods at the International Cooking Night, dancing the night away on a riverboat, or learn how to say “hi” in different languages through cultural presentations, no matter what your interests are, IRO organizes a variety of events you can attend throughout the academic year. Every week students from a range of different backgrounds come together for meetings where they are able to learn and share about their culture through presentations and different activities.
Meet your I-Pal
Each international student at NWU has the unique opportunity to be paired with an I-Pal, or “International Pal.” Learn about Nebraska and NWU before you arrive through communication with your I-Pal. Your I-Pal will pick you up at the airport and show you around town the moment you land in Lincoln, Nebraska. Need a cell phone or a bank account? Don’t know what a Runza is or when the bus runs? Need help choosing classes or advice on which student organization to join? Your I-Pal will be available to help with your transition to your new home at NWU.
Endless student services…
Student support is vital to academic success and it is represented in the numerous services NWU has to offer:
- Pass by the Cooper Center for assistance and advice on research papers, presentations, and study skills.
- Visit the Career Center for help with writing a resume and cover letter and applying for jobs/internships.
- Campus wide availability of Macintosh and Windows computers open to students any time of the day free of charge.
- On-campus housing in halls such as Centennial Hall to meet other NWU and international students outside of class. Additional information can be found at: http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/current-undergraduates/living-campus/centennial-hall
- The Carshare Program allows international students with a driver’s license to rent cars for only $5 an hour.
International Student Admission Application
Dr. Melanie Armstrong
Associate Director of Admissions
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794
marmstro [at] nebrwesleyan [dot] edu
International Student Programs
Director of Global Engagement
sbarr [at] nebrwesleyan [dot] edu
International Student Advisor
yiwasaki [at] nebrwesleyan [dot] edu