Table of Contents:
First Year Student – in high school and planning to graduate this year or has attained a GED. Has not attended college elsewhere.
The following must be submitted to be considered for admission:
- Application for admission
- High school transcript
- ACT/SAT scores
First year admission programs:
- Rolling Admission - for students that want to be notified of admission soon after submitting high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores.
- As a courtesy, Nebraska Wesleyan can provide Rolling Admission students an estimate of financial aid by December 20 if all supporting documentation (including NWU’s Financial Aid Application) has been received by December 1.
- Early Decision - for students who clearly identify Nebraska Wesleyan University as their first-choice institution. Nebraska Wesleyan will provide a financial aid commitment at the time of admission. The deadline to apply for Early Decision is December 1.
- Early Decision students planning to apply for aid must submit NWU’s Financial Aid Application. Students not applying for aid will be considered for scholarships.
Nebraska Wesleyan University uses a comprehensive process to review applicants. We select incoming classes with a variety of talents, views and achievements.
We examine the rigor of your high school program. We prefer, but do not require, that you have:
- 4 years of high school English,
- 4 years of mathematics,
- 3 years of the same foreign language,
- 3 years of laboratory science, and
- 3 years of social studies.
We prioritize evaluations and recommendations from teachers you’ve had as a junior or senior because they are most familiar with your writing, analytical, and quantitative abilities.
We consider your participation in activities, honors, and awards as indicators of your involvement.
- Students will be notified of admission soon after submitting all required items.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- For verification of federal and Nebraska Wesleyan need-based aid, submit the FAFSA application after January 1.
- Enter in the college release and certification section the full name of Nebraska Wesleyan University and College Code 002555.
- NWU reviews FAFSA applications as soon as all required admissions applications documents are received.
- Submit a $350 tuition deposit to accept the offer of admission and confirm your commitment to attend NWU.
Mail test scores, transcripts, and other required materials to:
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794
For more information contact NWU Admissions at: 800-541-3818, ext. 2218 admissions [at] nebrwesleyan.edu