First Year Student
Table of Contents:
First Year Student – in high school and planning to graduate this year or has attained a GED. Has not attended college elsewhere.
Nebraska Wesleyan University uses a broad, comprehensive process to review applicants. We select incoming classes with a variety of talents, views and achievements.
Nebraska Wesleyan invites students with a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent), an ACT composite score of 20 or an SAT critical reading and math score of 950 to apply.
Students with GPAs or test scores below these marks are also encouraged to apply. All candidates are considered based on the strengths of their academic record.
Applicants must submit:
- Official high school transcripts
- ACT composite score
- SAT critical reading and math score
We examine the rigor of your high school program. We prefer, but do not require, that you have:
- 4 years of high school English,
- 4 years of mathematics,
- 3 years of the same foreign language,
- 3 years of laboratory science, and
- 3 years of social studies.
We prioritize evaluations and recommendations from teachers you’ve had as a junior or senior because they are most familiar with your writing, analytical, and quantitative abilities.
We consider your participation in activities, honors, and awards as indicators of your involvement.
Tip: To prepare for applying free online, print the PDF copy of the application form to learn what questions will be asked.
- Submitted by your high school counselor:
- Six-semester high school transcript, listing grade point average
- High School Counselor’s Report (PDF)
- ACT and/or SAT scores, submitted by the testing agency
- Family information
- To pay a $20 application fee (or to avoid payment, apply online)
- To download and complete paper application form (PDF), if you choose not to apply online (see enrollment process)
- Optional: Complete Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- For verification of federal and Nebraska Wesleyan need-based aid, submit FAFSA application after you and your parents have completed your income tax returns for the year you plan to attend NWU.
- On your FAFSA application, be sure to enter in the college release and certification section the full name of Nebraska Wesleyan University and College Code 002555.
- NWU reviews FAFSA applications as soon as all required admissions applications documents are received.
- Students are notified promptly of their status/eligibility.
Mail printed applications, $20 paper-application fee, college test scores, transcripts, and other required materials to:
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794
For more information contact NWU Admissions at:
800-541-3818, ext. 2218
- Candidates are notified regarding admission and scholarship eligibility on a rolling basis. For eligible students who apply for need-based financial assistance, NWU will mail financial aid award letters on a rolling basis.
- Applications will be reviewed as soon as all required items have been received.
- Candidates are notified promptly of their status/eligibility.
- Submit your $350 tuition deposit to confirm acceptance of the offer. Class registration and student housing selections are based on the date tuition deposits are received. An earlier deposit improves your ability to build a convenient class schedule and receive your first choice residence hall.
- Entering students living in campus housing will receive housing assignments in July and must submit a housing contract. A housing security deposit is included in your tuition deposit.
- Apply Online
- PDF Application