Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
A Place for Mom, a leader in the senior living industry that provides senior care referrals to families across the United States, is proud to announce the commencement of their annual $1,000 scholarship for advancement in the field of gerontology. This is a general scholarship which will award the selected applicants with a financial donation. This scholarship will be awarded to students enrolled in an accredited college or university during the academic year.
Selection and Eligibility Criteria
- The annual scholarship award is for five (5) students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program in the fields of gerontology, long term care administration, social work, medicine, nursing, or sociology at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university.
- Employees of A Place for Mom and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must complete a letter of introduction and a 500-word minimum essay on selected topic and sign the Scholarship Award Agreement.
- Scholarship will be awarded to five students who write the most compelling essay as judged by an outside panel of senior living professionals.
- $1,000 awarded to five individuals.
Guidelines for Applicants
- Letter of introduction with your work history, why you're seeking a degree in your field and why you feel you would be a good candidate for this scholarship award. Applicants must also sign the Scholarship Award Agreement.
- Deadline: April 30, 2014
The Administration on Aging estimates that by 2050, nearly a quarter of Americans will be age 65 or older. By 2025, the number of people 65 and older with Alzheimer's disease is expected to reach 7.1 million - a 40 percent increase in the number of those currently affected. How we prepare for America's "Silver Tsunami" of aging Baby Boomers is of critical importance. What innovations in the senior care industry need to happen in order to care for our aging population? What contributions will you make to solving this problem?
How to Apply
- Click here to submit your letter of introduction, essay and Scholarship Award Agreement. Please include your first and last name in the subject line.
A Place for Mom may choose to not award or to withdraw the Scholarship Award for any reason. Award recipients will be notified individually and announced by May 31, 2014.