Nebraska Educational Office Professionals Association Scholarship
The members of the Nebraska Educational Office Professionals Association (NEOPA) annually award a scholarship to a qualifying graduating student who has completed a major course of study in the area of Business Education in a Nebraska high school or may currently be pursuing such a course of study in a post-secondary institution of higher learning.
Eligibility requirements include:
* Graduation from a Nebraska high school or its equivalent, i.e. GED.
* Completion of two or more business education courses (four semesters) from among the following: computer classes, keyboarding, typing, shorthand, accounting, office practices and procedures, and/or bookkeeping.
The candidate must complete the application and the biographical information form provided by NEOPA. The application must be keyboard generated. The application must include:
* A one-page biographical sketch on "Why I Am Choosing an Office-Related Career or Vocation".
* Three letters of recommendation:
- One from an advisor or counselor who can describe the student's activities/leadership record and the student's character, personality, and initiative
- One from a former teacher or former/present employer
- One from a non-family, non-educational office professional member
* An official college transcript.
For more information regarding this scholarship you may visit their website (http://neopa.unl.edu)