Gladys D. Goodson Scholarship (Undergraduate Nursing)
The Gladys D. Goodson Scholarship was established in 2008 with funds from the Gladys D. Goodson estate. Gladys Goodson was born in Thayer County, Nebraska, in 1912, and graduated from Fairbury High School in 1931. She became a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and worked in nursing homes and hospitals in Illinois until her retirement. Gladys established this scholarship to help students from Nebraska obtain nursing degrees.
1. Applicant must be a graduating senior from any high school in Nebraska OR be a current college student attending a college or university in Nebraska.
2. Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in nursing and plan to attend any accredited college or university in Nebraska.
3. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
4. Must demonstrate financial need.
5. Recipients of this award can reapply in subsequent years provided they continue to meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
Applicants are required to complete the Lincoln Community Foundation Application Form online at www.lcf.org and submit the form and all required attachments electronically. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on March 31st.