New Student Mathematics Scholarship
This $500 scholarship is for incoming students interested in mathematics. It will be disbursed evenly between the fall and spring semesters ($250 per semester).
• Apply to and be accepted at Nebraska Wesleyan University
• A minimum math ACT of 28
• 3.5 years of high school math with a grade of B or better in all math classes
• During your first year at NWU, take a mathematics course suitable for a student pursuing a mathematics major
• A one-page essay that addresses one of the following questions:
1. A creature comes from outer space. How would you convince this creature that math is worth studying?
2. Choose one math problem, type of math problem, or math concept that you have especially enjoyed learning about and explain why.
• A recommendation from a math teacher. See the Teacher Reference Letter form.
All materials must be postmarked by February 1. NWU will notify awardees by March 1.
Please contact either of the following:
• Melissa Erdmann, Associate Professor of Mathematics, 402.465.2208, email@example.com
• Kristin Pfabe, Chair of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science,402.465.2211, firstname.lastname@example.org