New Student Mathematics Scholarship
This $500 scholarship is for incoming students interested in mathematics. A student will receive this scholarship the semester after taking a mathematics course suitable for a student pursuing a mathematics major and earning a C or better.
- Apply to and be accepted at Nebraska Wesleyan University
- A minimum math ACT of 28
- 3.5 years of high school math with a grade of B or better in all math classes
- A one-page essay that addresses one of the following questions:
- A creature comes from outer space. How would you convince this creature that math is worth studying?
- Choose one math problem, type of math problem, or math concept that you have especially enjoyed learning about and explain why.
- A recommendation from a math teacher. See the Teacher Reference Letter form.
- During your first year at NWU, take a mathematics course suitable for a student pursuing a mathematics major.
All materials must be postmarked by February 1. NWU will notify awardees by March 1.
Please contact either of the following:
- Melissa Erdmann, Associate Professor of Mathematics, 402.465.2208, email@example.com
- Kristin Pfabe, Chair of the Department of Mathematics, 402.465.2211, firstname.lastname@example.org