Relay For Life Sets Goal of $40,000
Nebraska Wesleyan University will hold its seventh annual Relay for Life event on Friday, April 9. This year’s theme is “Imagining a World With More Birthdays.”
Forty-nine teams will walk throughout the evening and overnight with a goal of raising $40,000 for the American Cancer Society for cancer research. Activities will begin at 6 p.m. and will continue through 6 a.m. on Saturday, April 10. The event will be held in Knight Field House, located on 53rd & Huntington Ave.
A variety of events are scheduled throughout the evening including:
- 6-9 p.m. — Family-friendly hours. Community members are encouraged to bring their families in support of the cause.
- 6:30 p.m., Hero of Hope: Audrey Graves will share her cancer survival story about her fight with stage 2 breast cancer at age 29.
- 9 p.m., NWU fraternity members will “Walk a Mile in Her Shoes” by walking the Relay track in high-heeled shoes in recognition of the fight against breast cancer.
- 10 p.m., luminaria ceremony honoring those who have lost the battle with cancer and those currently fighting cancer.
- Other activities include music by NWU faculty band “Release Time,” a birthday party, fight back ceremony, games and food.
There is still time to donate to Nebraska Wesleyan's Relay for Life or join a team.