Nominate a Deserving Professor for the Prouty Teaching Award
Do you have a professor who deserves special recognition? Nominate them for the Dr. Margaret J. Prouty Faculty Teaching Award.
Students are invited to nominate full-time faculty members who demonstrate the following:
- Communicates high expectations,
- Encourages intellectual curiosity within and across disciplines,
- Inspires students to do their best work,
- Holds students accountable,
- Engages students in the class,
- Encourages cooperation among students,
- Respects diverse talents and ways of learning,
- Encourages faculty-student contact,
- Uses variety in instruction.
Nominations are due Friday, April 9 in the Academic Affairs Office, located on the third floor of the Smith-Curtis Administration Building. A selection committee will review the nominations and the winner will be announced at the annual Honors Convocation on Friday, May 7. The winner will receive a $1,500 cash award.
A nomination form and list of eligible faculty members is available on the nomination page.