Advantage Program Offers Two New Courses
The Advantage program at Nebraska Wesleyan University is excited to announce two new course offerings for Project Managers who wish to get PMI® certification.
The Project Management Institute® offers two professional certifications — PMP® certification for experienced Project Managers and CAPM® certification for those who have less experience but would like to gain professional certification through PMI®. We will offer PMP® and CAPM® test prep courses this spring and summer.
All class meetings will occur on NWU's Lincoln campus:
|PRO 239-L PMP® Exam Preparation|
|The class will meet on the following Saturdays:|
|April 10||8:30 am - 1:00 pm|
|April 17||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|April 24||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|May 1||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|May 8||8:30 am - 1:00 pm|
|PRO 209-L CAPM® Exam Preparation|
|The class will meet on the following Thursday evenings:|
|June 3||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
|June 10||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
|June 17||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
|June 24||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
|July 1||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
|July 8||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
|July 15||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
|July 22||6:00 pm – 10:15 pm|
Each course is four credits and tuition for courses in the Advantage program is currently $245 per credit. If you are interested in enrolling, please contact Melissa Green at 402-465-2330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a note regarding the courses from instructor, Pam Soderholm:
Let me do a quick cost-benefit analysis for you to consider if you are thinking about taking one of these classes. The cost will be in your time (certification requires a significant study commitment) and in cash (for tuition and materials). The benefits of taking a prep class include:
- Updating your knowledge to the current version of the PMBOK® Guide
- Learning some new tools that you can use in your work environment
- Having accountability to do the study that you know you need to do to be prepared for the exam
- Getting the encouragement of taking a class with others who are committed to getting certified
- Gaining confidence in your readiness to sit for the exam
- I'm looking forward to working with those of you who are ready to get prepared to add PMP® or CAPM® behind your name. Feel free to send me an email to email@example.com with any questions.