Join Us in Celebrating the University's 125th Anniversary Kickoff
Make history while celebrating our history as we kickoff the University's 125th anniversary this week.
Please join us for the following activities on Thursday:
- 11 a.m. — Cornerstone Ceremony including awarding of an honorary degree to Dr. David Mickey, Old Main's southwest lawn
- 11:30 a.m. — Campus Photo, Old Main west lawn. Student groups are encouraged to wear matching NWU apparel and stand together for the photo.
- Noon-1:30 p.m. — Campus Picnic, Taylor Commons. Free food, prizes, and entertainment provided by Release Time and NWU's Theatre Department. The dining hall will be closed for lunch.
125th Anniversary T–shirts are available for purchase for $8. Contact Sara Olson.They will also be available for purchase at the campus picnic.
Parking lots on the west side of 50th Street will be reserved for Thursday's visitors. Please plan accordingly.
In addition to the kickoff events:
- Visions & Ventures Symposium: Our Story Continues. This year's symposium features all NWU alumni and their contributions to social responsibility, human health, hunger, and education policy and practice. Panels will be held on Wednesday at 7pm and Thursday at 9:30am, 2pm, and 7pm.
- Elder Gallery Talk: NWU alumna Betty Press will hold a gallery talk and book signing at 3:30pm Thursday. Her photo exhibit — I Am Because We Are: Photos of Africa —is currently on display in Elder Gallery.
- History on Display: An exhibit featuring documents and items from the University's earliest years will be on display in Great Hall starting this week. The exhibit will be on display through homecoming in October.
Classes, review sessions and athletic events will not be held on Wednesday evening and all day Thursday, so there's no reason not to celebrate this important milestone.