Students Invited to Nominate Professors for Teaching Award
Do you have a professor who deserves some recognition for their excellence in teaching?
Nominate them for the Prouty Faculty Teaching Award.
The annual Dr. Margaret J. Prouty Faculty Teaching Award will be presented to a Nebraska Wesleyan University professor this spring. Designed to recognize and reward faculty for the pursuit of excellence in teaching, this award will be given to a faculty member who has made a distinct difference in the intellectual lives of students through effective and creative instruction and/or course development.
All students are invited to nominate a continuing, full-time faculty member for this award.
The nomination procedure includes:
- Verify that the professor is eligible for the award.(All continuing full-time faculty currently teaching are eligible unless they have won in the past 5 years.)
- Complete a nomination form. Forms are available in the Mail Center, in the academic departments, in the Academic Affairs Office (Smith-Curtis 311) and in the Student Life Office (Roy Story Student Center).
- Get additional letters of support from other students or faculty.
- Return the completed nomination form and supporting letters to the Academic Affairs Office by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 4.
Please take this opportunity to recognize a faculty member who has made an impact on your education.
Previous Prouty Faculty Teaching Award recipients include:
- Jan Vermeer, 1996
- Garry Duncan, 1999
- Jo Ann Fuess, 2000
- Kelly Eaton, 2001
- Jerry Bockoven, 2002
- Maxine Fawcett-Yeske, 2003
- Roger Cognard, 2004
- Gerise Herndon, 2005
- Jay Scott Chipman, 2006
- William McNeil, 2007
- Dale Benham, 2008
- Gary Plank, 2009
- Frank Ferraro, 2010
- Rita Lester, 2011