Residence Halls Reopen Jan. 16
Students who live in the residence halls are reminded that the residence halls will close at 9 p.m. on Friday, December 16.
Students who live on campus are asked to keep the following tips in mind before you leave.
Students who live in the residence halls are to:
- Unplug everything including refrigerator/microfridge (defrost your fridge at least 24 hours before leaving)
- Pioneer and Burt Hall residents are to unplug air conditioning units
- Lock your windows
- Remove all trash from room; no open food containers
- Leave heat on low
- First floor and garden levels are to close blinds; upper floors should keep blinds open
- Centennials and Plainsman Hall residents are to move all items near heating units to allow NWU staff access to change filters while you are gone.
Students who live in the suites are to:
- Unplug everything except refrigerator
- Remove all perishable items from refrigerator
- Do not flip off breaker
- Remove all trash from room; no open containers
- Set room temperature at 55 degrees
- First floor residents should close blinds; upper floor residents should open blinds.
- Lock windows and door
The residence halls will reopen at noon on Monday, January 16. The dining hall will close after lunch on Friday, December 16 and will reopen with breakfast on Tuesday, January 17. The Coffee House will remain open on Friday, December 16 until 5 p.m.
Enjoy your winter break and we look forward to seeing you again in January.