Kelsey Arends, Ross Mumford Crowned 2013 Homecoming Queen, King
Nebraska Wesleyan University crowned Kelsey Arends of Lincoln and Ross Mumford of Elmwood as its 2013 homecoming queen and king.
The college seniors were crowned on Thursday, September 19 and reigned over the university’s homecoming activities throughout the weekend, September 19-22.
Arends is the daughter of David and Connie Arends. She is a political science and Spanish major with minors in marketing and psychology. She is involved in Global Service Learning, is a Liberal Arts Seminar student instructor, president of Senior Class Council, and is a peer assistant for Johnson Hall. She has studied in Washington, D.C. through the university’s Capitol Hill Internship Program (CHIP) and studied abroad in Nicaragua last spring.
Mumford is an elementary education and music major. He is involved in Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, serves as a Student Ambassador, and has been a Liberal Arts Seminar student instructor for two years. In 2012, he won a Summer Fulbright Scholarship to the United Kingdom where he studied theatre. Last summer he traveled to Belfast, Northern Ireland where he joined a NWU professor for collaborative research about the Titanic.
Other members of the homecoming court were:
- Halie Gribble of Chambers, health and fitness studies major, daughter of Bee and Shari Gribble;
- Ali Stajduhar of Highlands Ranch, Colo., communication studies major, marketing and business administration minor, daughter of Tony and Caron Stajduhar;
- Shelby Travis of Albion, biology major, chemistry minor, daughter of Joel and Anastasia Travis and Allison Rose;
- Paul Hubert of Geneva, business administration major, psychology minor, son of Andy and Sharie Hubert;
- Cody Miller of Tecumseh, exercise science major, biology and chemistry minor, son of Stephen and Melanie Miller;
- Keaton Schweitzer of Milford, psychology major, marketing and human resources and management minor, son of Brent and Sherry Schweitzer.