Howl Like Hell Field Goal Contest Includes Parking Spot of Choice
Do you want to win a convenient parking spot on campus?
Then join us for Howl Like Hell on Thursday, September 19 at 9 p.m. NWU undergraduates will receive a ticket at the Abel Stadium entrance. During Howl Like Hell, a drawing will be held that will give one lucky student the opportunity to kick a field goal for a parking spot of their choice on campus for the fall semester.
The student selected from the drawing will attempt a 30-yard field goal for the parking spot. If the student misses the 30-yard field goal attempt, then a consolation prize will be awarded for a successful 20-yard or 10-yard kick.
Howl Like Hell is the first of many new student homecoming events. The event is a student-performed skit consisting of chants, cheers, and dances that demonstrate Prairie Wolf spirit. Teams will be judged on their chant, formations, degree of difficulty, school spirit and overall effect.
The 2013 homecoming court will also be introduced during Howl Like Hell and the king and queen will be crowned.
Students who wear their Howl Like Hell tshirts to the event will receive a free soda. Raising Canes will provide chicken following the event.
Other student homecoming events are:
Friday, September 20
- 8 a.m.-4 p.m. — Nebraska Community Blood Bank blood drive, Weary Center
- Sign up at: https://donor.ncbb.org/web/GroupLanding.aspx?g=2005
- 9-11 p.m. — Student street dance, west of Story Student Center
- 11 p.m.-1 a.m. — Student French fry feed, Story Student Center dining hall
Saturday, September 21
- 10:45 a.m. — Golf cart parade
- 11 a.m. — Tailgate party and carnival, Taylor Commons
- 10 p.m. — Screen on the Green featuring “Monsters University,” Taylor Commons