Homecoming Royalty Crowned
Nebraska Wesleyan University has crowned Kelsey Reynoldson of Eagle and Joe Menousek of Gretna as its 2012 homecoming queen and king.
The homecoming king and queen were announced Wednesday, October 17 when NWU officially kicked off its homecoming activities.
Reynoldson is the daughter of Terry and Kathy Reynoldson of Eagle. She is a language arts education major and writing minor. Reynoldson is a member of Delta Zeta Sorority, Order of Omega, and Senior Class Council. She participated in the Capitol Hill Internship Program, served as a New Student Orientation (NSO) Leader, and is currently a Liberal Arts Seminar (LAS) student instructor. Reynoldson served on the Youth Development Team with AmeriCorps VISTA summer program of Lincoln.
Menousek of Gretna is the son of Paul Menousek and Mary Cockerill. He is a biochemistry and molecular biology major with minors in mathematics and music. A member of multiple academic honoraries, Menousek is also involved in University Choir, University Ambassadors, Student Affairs Senate and Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity. This year he is serving as a 125th Anniversary Ambassador, and is a calculus teaching assistant and a Liberal Arts Seminar (LAS) instructor. He participated in the summer undergraduate research program at UNMC, and currently volunteers in the emergency department at BryanLGH Medical Center.
Other members of the homecoming court are:
- Callaway — Mandi Miller, daughter of Glen and Teri Miller; pursuing a major in English, minor in communication.
- Lincoln — Lindsey Jones, daughter of Curt and Sarah Jones; pursuing major in biology, minors in Spanish and chemistry.
- Lincoln— Tom Schroeder, son of Rich and Lynne Schroeder; pursuing majors in political science and Spanish, minor in international affairs.
- Mitchell — Andee Christensen, daughter of Roger and Mary Christensen; pursuing a major in biology, minors in business administration and chemistry.
- Omaha — Steven Anderson, son of Greg and Teri Anderson; pursuing a major in exercise science, minor in coaching.
- Talmage — Clayton Damme, son of Dale and Debbie Damme; pursing majors in biology and Spanish, minor in chemistry.
The homecoming court presided over homecoming activities, which continued through Sunday, October 21.