Welcome to the Weekend
The first eight weekends of the fall semester at NWU are "Welcome Weekends". Stay on campus after the week's classes are done and have some fun!
The Wesleyan Entertainment Board (WEB) sponsors all Welcome Weekend events, so you know it will be a good time.
What can you look forward to?
- Wolfstock — An outdoor concert on Taylor Commons, Saturday August 21, 10 p.m.;
- Jim Wand — a hypnotist who has been hypnotizing NWU students into bizarre behavior for 25 years, Sunday, August 22, 7 p.m., O'Donnell Auditorium;
- First Year Float Trip — For $20 you can float down the Elkhorn River with 45 of your classmates, Sunday, August 29;
- Henry Doorly Zoo — Spend a day at one of the nation's best zoos, Saturday, September 4;
- Fall Fest — Enjoy an outdoor concert and a picnic on Taylor Commons. Later that night, dance the night away in a pit of bubbles at the Foam Dance, Friday, September 10, 5 p.m. to Midnight, Taylor Commons;
- Worlds of Fun — Just $25 will get you on the bus and into Kansas City's amusement park, Sunday, September 19;
- Ghost Hunting — Is Nebraska Wesleyan REALLY haunted? Chris Moon, the Ghost Guy, will be on campus to find out, Friday, October 8, 8 p.m., O'Donnell Auditorium;
- Homecoming — Turn out and show alumni what today's NWU is all about. Many homecoming activities are scheduled for October 21-24.
For information on any of these events, visit the Center for Student Involvement, located in the lower level of the Story Student Center or call 465.2412.