Vehicle hang tags are required on all vehicles using NWU parking lot areas. Each student and faculty/staff member will be assigned one hang tag for the 2008-2009 school year at no charge. Student parking hang tags can be found in each student’s mail box. If the hang tag is lost or stolen, the cost for replacement will be $20 for first replacement and $50 for second replacement. Tag owners are responsible for any violations committed with their tag.
All parking areas have signage specifying whether they are restricted, reserved or general parking. Areas will be monitored Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The areas are marked by color coding on parking lot entrance signs.
Student Only Areas (Green hang tag required):
- Area 5 (East of Centennial and Pioneer Halls)
- Area 6 (North side of Madison Street) – reserved paid lot
- Area 8 (South side of Huntington Avenue between 52nd and 53rd Streets)
- Street parking on North side of Huntington (vehicle must be moved every 24 hours as required by
- the City of Lincoln)
Student, Faculty/Staff Areas (Green or gold hang tag required):
- Area 1 (West side of 50th Street)
- Area 2 (West side of 50th Street)
- Area 3 (Corner of 50th Street and Huntington Avenue)
- Area 4 (North side of Huntington Avenue between 54th and 56th Streets)
- Area 7 (North side of Lucas Hall)
- Area 9 (South side of Huntington Avenue between 53rd and 54th Streets)
- Area 10 (South side of Huntington Avenue between 54th and 56th Streets)
Faculty/Staff Only (Gold hang tag required):
- Area A (Horseshoe area west side of Olin Hall of Science and Old Main)
- Area B (West side of Lucas Hall)
- Area C (Horseshoe driveway outside McDonald Theatre)
The complete Parking Policy is also posted inside all campus buildings.