BSN to MSN Program
BSN to MSN Admission Prerequisites
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program, students must meet all general eligibility requirements of Nebraska Wesleyan University. BSN to MSN applicants must also meet the following specific admissions requirements of the MSN program:
- A baccalaureate nursing degree from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- An undergraduate research or evidence-based practice course
- An unencumbered active Nebraska or compact state nursing license with expiration date.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
In addition to fulfilling the above BSN to MSN admission prerequisites, applicants must click here to apply.
Transfer of Credit Policy
- A maximum of nine semester hours of graduate credit with a grade of "B-" or better may be transferred from other institutions, with approval.
- The transferring institution must be regionally accredited.
- A student must be currently enrolled at NWU for transfer work to be posted to the academic record.
NWU offers an accelerated education program designed for working adults. Eight-week sessions, conducted one day a week in Lincoln and Omaha, are geared to your busy schedule.
The Master of Science in Nursing Program is accredited by:
National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
For questions or to find out more about our program, contact us.