President’s Council on Cultural Diversity (PCCD)
This council is comprised of students, faculty and staff appointed by the president to address cultural issues.
- Supports the campus community in eliminating intolerance, harassment and discrimination
- Advises the president and other organizations on matters relating to campus diversity
- Advises on Wolf Fund for Diversity Education expenditures
- Supports the Multicultural Student Advisor and Program Coordinator.
Drs. Elaine and James Wolf created the Wolf Fund for Diversity Education to support Nebraska Wesleyan’s efforts to become a more open, diverse and culturally responsive community.
The Wolf Fund supports:
- Diversity programming
- Cultural immersion and service learning experiences
- Faculty and staff development on diversity issues.
Submit applications for funds to the Student Life Office. Applications must include:
- Project description explaining community impact
- Detailed budget with other funding sources
- Important dates, including a deadline for a decision on Wolf Funds.
Funded applicants should credit the Wolf Fund in their programming. They should also follow their programming with letters of reflection to the President’s Council on Cultural Diversity.
Experience Lincoln Fund
The Experience Lincoln Fund provides financial support for NWU students to better understand and enjoy Lincoln’s arts, cultural festivals, restaurants, sports, film, local entertainment or recreation.
Submit applications to the Student Life Office. Awards rarely exceed $200. Applications must include:
- Project description explaining link to fund’s purpose
- Detailed budget with other funding sources if applicable
- Important dates, including a deadline for a decision on funding.
Funded applicants should follow their activity with letters of reflection to the Dean of Students.