Even though we may be far past our own school days, we still have a responsibility to make sure today’s students are getting the most out of their time in the classroom. This school year, how will you support education? What example will you set for your kids? How will you contribute to the next generation of Lincoln leaders?
There’s a simple, effective, fun answer to all of these questions – become a volunteer for Junior Achievement!
Why should YOU become a JA Volunteer?? Let me count the ways!
1. It only takes 5 hours total to volunteer! That’s it.
2. Everything is provided to you.
3. You are trained over the program.
4. Each program consists of 5-7 lessons and each lesson only takes 30-45 minutes to complete.
5. You can volunteer around your own schedule.
6. Today’s youth need to be educated on financial literacy and work readiness—they could be your future employees!
7. The teacher is in the classroom and will assist you with everything.
8. There is a volunteer guide that tells you exactly what to do and say.
9. You get to leave work for a little bit! (Given that you have permission).
10. It’s fun, easy, and you will be so happy you did it!
For more information on volunteering in a Junior Achievement classroom, contact Chelsea Brandl, JA Program Director, at email@example.com or (402) 467-1741.