The Career & Counseling Center offers a wide range of short-term educational and psychological counseling services for students that address personal development, mental health, cultural issues, life planning, stress management, and the achievement of educational goals.
All currently registered full-time and part-time NWU students living on or off campus.
Mental Health Screening
It can be hard to ask questions about your mental wellbeing. That’s why Nebraska Wesleyan University offers a free, anonymous mental health screening tool.
Take a few minutes to complete a short online survey. The results may help you decide whether to pursue personal counseling.
Nebraska Wesleyan University’s Career and Counseling Center provides confidential personal counseling services. The first five visits during an academic year are free. After that, sessions cost just $5 per visit.
Nebraska Wesleyan’s tool screens for:
- Alcohol abuse
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- First five visits during any academic year: Free
- After the first five visits: $5 per visit, billed monthly.
- Failure to cancel an appointment at least one hour prior: $30.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Contact us by phone or in person from 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday: 402.465.2224, lower level of the Student Center.
- Indicate that you wish an appointment with a personal counselor so your call will be transferred to a professional staff member.
Canceling an Appointment
If you must miss an appointment, call 402.465.2224 at least one hour prior to cancel or reschedule. Failure to do so will result in a $30 fee.
NWU maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
- No information can be released without formal authorization from the student.
- All counseling records are kept separate from other university records and are accessible only by Counseling Services staff members.
- By law, counselors are required to report suspected child abuse or situations indicating imminent danger to self or others so, confidentiality may need to be broken in these situations.